Did you know our Teen Library Council will be turning a year old this month? If you’re between 14 and 18 years old and live in Orem or Provo, here are 10 reasons why you should come to the library and join the TLC.
- You make suggestions about our summer reading and after hours teen programs and help plan what’s coming up in the future.
- You learn how a library works and what services the library offers teens.
- You meet other teens and make friends.
- You do behind-the-scenes library work, like making displays, coming up with social media, and preparing crafts for library programs.
- You gain volunteer hours and experience that you can add to your resume and job applications.
- You serve your community.
- You make your voice heard.
- You share your favorite books and movies and get great recommendations from the group.
- You learn how to work in a team environment.
- We have treats!
The Teen Library Council meets every second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm in the Media Auditorium. Applicants must be 14–18 years old. Contact Marilee at 801-229-7247 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a volunteer application and for more information.